[registrars]

[registrars] NC Vote

Dear Elisabeth:

I have just been informed by Ken Stubbs, that the registrar constituency
will not be fully represented in today's Names Counsel vote for the DNSO
director election because of the inability to contact Erica Roberts.

The registrar constituency was concerned about not being fully represented
in last years DNSO elections when Amadeu was elected. We discussed this
issue at some length in LA last year. At that time there was some confusion
as to the ability to designate a replacement voter in such an emergency or
the need to assign a proxy to an existing Names Counsel member.

Should Erica Roberts' vote not be received during the allotted voting
period, please accept my vote as Secretariat of the Registrar Constituency
in place of her absent ballot. In such a situation please place Erica's vote
for Jonathan Cohen. In the alternative, Ken Stubbs should receive the
ability to vote for Erica Roberts in a proxy capacity since he is the senior
Names Counsel representative for the constituency.

Based on my discussions with the other Registrars, we collective feel that
Jonathan is the best candidate for election to the Board at this time. We
believe that he is most uniquely qualified candidate to help expand the name
space in a contolled responsible manner. This is why in addition to myself,
both Ken Stubbs and Paul Kane endorsed Jonathan's nomination.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage