[registrars]

Re: [registrars] SLA Update

Tucows would prefer to work towards identifying the relevant issues now
and work towards a resolution acceptable by all parties as quickly as
possible. There will always be lots of work on the table. As such, we
prefer to pursue option number two.

As it currently stands, option one and the current SLA are very similar.

We are fully prepared to put forth whatever assistance, input or
participation that may be required to make #2 a go.

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Michael D. Palage wrote:

> As some of you may recall, the Registry Service Level Agreement (SLA) that
> we adopted with NSI several months ago had a sunset provision in it. This
> provision was mandated by several registrars that were concerned that the
> performance bar was set to low. Right now the Constituency is rather busy
> with the Code of Conduct, Escrow Task Force, Whois Task Force, collective
> registry bids, individual registry bids and normal operations.
>
> Please provide feedback on the following:
>
> (1) Let the SLA lapse and work on creating a new one at some time in the
> future
> (2) Create a task force in the next couple of weeks prior to the lapse date
> (3) Extend the SLA for a fixed period of time, say 6 months
>
> Mike
>

> P.S. Please check NSI's performance to date with regard to the existing SLA.

Thanks,

-rwr

Ross Wm. Rader
Director Product Management,