[registrars]

[registrars] Registrar Meeting - Wednesday July 21st.

The meeting is scheduled for two sessions: 8:30 AM till noon and 1:30 PM
till 5:00 PM at the

Hyatt Regency Reston
Reston Town Center
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA  20190
(703) 709-1234

NOTE: I do not have the exact meeting room at this time. Will provide dial
in information for telephone bride prior to meeting. Due to the mailing list
being open, will provide dial-in information directly to each participant.

Registrars Participating:

Core (1 in person)
NSI - the registrar (2 in person)
Bulkregister (3 in person)
AOL (1 in person)
Enet Registry (2 in person)
Register.com (1 in person, 1 via telephone bridge)
InfoNetworks (1 in person)
Domain Bank (2 in person)
Paul Kane  (1 in person - Wed afternoon)
AllWest (1 in person)
ATC (1 in person)
Name Engine (2 in person)
TUCOWS (1 via teleconference)
InfoAvenue (1 via teleconference)
PSI-Japan (1 via teleconference)
AIT (1 attendee - undecided in person or via teleconference)
DomainRegistry.com (1 via teleconference)
NameSecure (1 in person)
ENOM (1 via teleconference)
DomainPeople (1 via teleconference)
InterQ (1 via teleconference)

NON-REGISTRARS:

NSI - The Registry (3 in person)
US Department of Justice (3 in person)
FBI (4 in person)
ICANN Compliance Office (via teleconference)

Listed below are the tentative agenda items. There will be a morning session
open to NSI the registry and the law enforcement representatives and then a
closed afternoon session to deal with Registrar policy issues.

MORNING SESSION:

8:30 AM - 8:45 AM  Roll call and introductions

8:45 AM - 10:30 AM

8:45 AM till 9:15 AM. Security Issues

This will be an information session to discuss the issue of domain name
hijacking and related security issues. The session will include both a
technical and administrative overview session followed by an open forum to
discuss what possibly can be done from a technical and/or administrative
standpoint to address these problems.

        8:45 AM - 9:15 AM Technical registration overview and Q&A.

        9:15 AM - 9:45 AM Legal overview of potential causes of actions and
Q&A

        9:45 AM - 10:30 AM Roundtable discussion

10:30 AM - 10:45 AM Break

10:45 AM - Noon

Transfer Issues: I have been hearing nightmare stories from many of the
registrars. I feel it is important to get everyone in the room and sort out
fact from fiction.

Registry Update: Time permitting before the lunch break. I would like the
Registry personnel to give the registrars an update on where the SRS
software is at and what enhancement are in the pipelines.

Afternoon Session: This will be closed to registrars only to handling
various internal policies and issues.

1:30 PM - 2:15 PM  The property v. service debate: What is it that ICANN
registrars do, sell a product or provide a service. Phil Sbarbaro will
present a 15 min. presentation prior to a open forum discussion on this
issue.

2:15 PM - 3:15 PM The future of the Registrar Constituency

Registrar Constituency Funding, what are the objectives, goals and future
structure of the constituency?

3:15 PM - 3:45 PM New gTLDS

What will be the Registrars (individual and/or collective) response to the
ICANN Staff report on new gTLDs (see report now available at the ICANN web
site). Map out a plan of attack for the upcoming Yokohama meeting.

3:45 PM - 5:00 PM Code of Conduct fact-finding session.

The information and ideas circulated during this session will be forwarded
to Richard Lindsey and the Code of Conduct Task Force for their
consideration in Yokohama. This session will be for the benefit of those
registrars that will not be able to participate in Yokohama.

Any questions or comments send me an e-mail or call me on the phone +1(561)
741-7880.

Mike