[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] update on discussion on Whois Task force call regarding background document

  • To: "NC-WHOIS (E-mail)" <nc-whois@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [nc-whois] update on discussion on Whois Task force call regarding background document
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@att.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:11:56 -0500
  • Sender: owner-nc-whois@dnso.org

We briefly discussed the draft background document, based on the revised approach which Marilyn and Tony presented . The group on the call today
agreed that the background document is a draft working document of the Task Force and deserves input, editing, and review by the full TF. Several members were not in attendance today but the co-chair are confident that they would support the need for input and comment by the TF.  Therefore, the document will remain a working document of the TF through the Rio ICANN meeting and available for edit and comment by the TF members. it is not posted, but is an internal working document so that all TF members can provide edits and help to finalize it.

In redrafting the working document, we've made an effort to neutralize statements that appear to be advocacy in nature, and to identify the kinds of agreement which were emerging. An appendix of the documents received could be included in the final version. The background document will merely be a useful document and will not have separate standing on its own. We will complete it upon the return from the RIO meeting and ensure comments from the various TF members.

The existing Issues Reports are the stand alone documents which will be discussed with the Council. (See separate email to Council chair/DNSO Secretariat regarding Issues Reports.)

Please advise regarding your availability for a one hour meeting in Rio at 4:00 -5:00 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 pm. with the WHOIS Task  Force. We are expecting all TF mummers, except Abel and Kristy to be in Rio. We will work with Glen to find a room to meet in. The purpose of our meeting is to discuss the Issues Report and the Council meeting and discussion.

Some other changes were made by the co-chairs. The Issues Report on Consistency and Uniformity will now be separated from the Search ability Issues Report, so that the latter can be finalized.  discussion by the co-chairs and the team leader on Consistency and Uniformity remains to be done, due to situations which have prevented participating by the Team Leader for a few meetings.

The Task Force will be completing its work, with final details of concluding these items.