[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] HOW TO PROCEED

  • To: "NC-WHOIS (E-mail)" <nc-whois@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [nc-whois] HOW TO PROCEED
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@att.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:22:57 -0500
  • Sender: owner-nc-whois@dnso.org

I spent some time this week end trying to sort out what we can actually say in addition to the Issues Report.

My conclusion after reviewing inputs, and different perspectives of TF members is that we can't say a whole
lot more, other than gathering the materials contributed and noting that some members of the Task Force made
specific contributions.

Here's the recommended approach.

Tony and I will redraft the Introduction to simply explain what this is, using Thomas' input and circulate it.
Second section will be the Issues Report which was posted last week, without any change.
the third section will capture the "Need for Further Consultation" from the Issues Report.
The fourth section will [largely be what Thomas posted] but with an effort to fully reflect the broad and different views of the TF itself; it will include the list of contributions which have been received as documents, and a listing of the various viewpoints with an introductory statement which says that
these were received by the Task Force as individual contributions from members and other parties, but
that the Task Force did not develop any kind of agreement on the different perspectives. Like the initial survey results which should be included, they are presented
as concepts that may be useful in "next steps".

It will be as balanced and inclusive of all views as possible and make every attempt not to present advocacy of one perspective or another.

We'll review it tomorrow. IF we can't agree, then we will simply let the Issues Report stand as it is and make a short statement but without the document concluded by RIO.

202-255-7348c
mcade@att.com