[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] Intl. WG on Data Prot. in Telecoms letter

Please find attached a letter from the International Working Group
on Data Protection in Telecommunications which apparently hasn't
made its way to this Task Force through other channels, yet.

I "stumbled" over this document at the ICANN Studienkreis session in
Berlin today when an employee with the Berlin data protection
commissioner -- that authority hosts the Working Group's secretariat
-- talked about difficulties he experienced in trying to interact
with ICANN on WHOIS.

Concerning our drafting, I'll post an updated draft tomorrow
morning, i.e., about 6 hours prior to the call.

Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

iwgdpt.pdf