[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] RE: Deletes Task force on WHOIS

Jordyn, we have posted this to the full task force... it is consistent with the present WHOIS TF recommendations... we should just review with full TF, however. MC/AH

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordyn A. Buchanan [mailto:jordyn.buchanan@registrypro.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 4:36 PM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; Antonio Harris
Subject: Deletes Task force on WHOIS

Hi all:

Hopefully on our call tomorrow, the Deletes Task Force is going to be able
to put together draft recommendations.  I wanted to make sure that you saw
what I've initially drafted for the section relating to Whois.

I'm hoping there's no conflicts with the work of the Whois Task Force and
that this represents a pretty good delineation of responsibility between the
two task forces.

--

Issue 2: Many of the problems raised within the issues paper are already
under consideration by the Whois task force.  In order to avoid overlap

1. The scope of the Whois Task Force is to determine under what
circumstances a domain name should be deleted for reasons relating to the
domain's Whois data.

2. The scope of the Deletes Task Force is to determine what happens to a
domain name once it has been deleted for reasons relating to the domains'
Whois data.

In most respects, a name deleted for reasons relating to inaccuracy of Whois
data is treated identically to a name deleted for any other reason.
However, it is important to prevent registrants from using the Redemption
Grace Period to simply re-instate names once they have been deleted, without
providing accurate Whois information.  In order to prevent this, the task
force recommends that registrars require that registrants of such names
provide new, verified Whois information.  This new data should be provided
as part of the documentation to the registry in conjunction with the request
for the name's redemption.

--

Thanks for your input,

Jordyn