[nc-whois]

RE: [nc-whois] Revised Bulk Access Draft

:)

Also, I forgot:  we need to suggest definitions be written for opt-in and
opt-out.

Opt-out could mean many things, especially if it's given the same
definition we (in the USA) currently work with, which is that we are
automatically opted-in to be included in all sorts of irrelevant nonsense
(phone calls, faxes, spam, junk mail) and there is no actual policy that
permits the removal of a persons information from the list; although a
person can communicated they would prefer not to be reached.

Don't believe me?  Ask Marilyn about AT&T's opt-out process.  She perhaps
can enlighten us about how much money they pay active citizens who bust
them for repeat offences since they can't keep track of who does and does
not want to be contacted.

Anyway, we need good working definitions of both before one can be chosen
over the other anyway (in the event ICANN decided to continue to support
marketing needs for bulk access).

Thanks!