[nc-whois]

Re: [nc-whois] Revised Draft on Bulk Access

On 2002-11-21 13:10:45 -0000, Karen Elizaga wrote:

> I have tried to incorporate the comments as I understood them
> yesterday.  To the extent that any of you disagrees, please let
> me know.  Also, there are two open points:

Thanks a lot for preparing this.  A couple of preliminary
observations:

- In the text on 3.3.6.2, you write that "the way a registrars runs
  its business should not be the subject of ICANN scrutiny".  I'd
  rather talk about something like "the details of registrar
  business models" here, since registrars may quite well run their
  businesses in a way which should be subject to scrutiny. ;-)

- Didn't we agree that 3.3.6.3 is pointless when /all/ kinds of
  marketing uses are forbidden a priori?  (So something like the
  text you added below 3.3.6.6 would be appropriate.) Or is this
  kept in as a safeguard in case people use the data for marketing
  purposes despite telling the registrar otherwise?

Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>