[nc-whois]

Re: [nc-whois] "noise on the task force"

Thomas Roessler wrote:
> For your information.  Here's Mr. Palage's latest comment on what's
> going on on this task force. I seriously wonder why I have spent
>  _any_ time on this stuff.

With all due respect to my friend Mr. Palage, I don't believe that registrar
and registry contracts allow the companies to sit on the sidelines and only
state their complaints after a policy development process has run its
course. The consensus requirements in their contracts certainly require us
to take account of their reasonable objections made while the issues are
under discussion. We're also required to do outreach to ensure that
registries and registrars have the opportunity to comment. But the contracts
only provide protection should we ignore or unreasonably discount their
comments. We're not required to use a Ouija Board to guess what they're
thinking.

       -- Bret