[nc-whois]

RE: [nc-whois] FW: Briefing on Legal Conditions for Policy Implementation

Louis, can you clarify one aspect of your briefing?

During the past two months, while the recommendations now contained in
section 1.0.A.4.a, c and d of the WHOIS TF Interim Report were being
reviewed by Task Force members (including the representatives of the
registrar and registry constituencies), we were operating under the
assumption that these represented implementation of the current RAA
provisions, and not proposals for new RAA obligations. (Cf. recommendations
1.0.B. and 1.0.C, which specifically refer to renegotiation of the RAA).
This is why they are phrased in terms of supplementation of the May 10, 2002
registrar advisory.  For example, recommendation 1.0.A.4.c recommends that
the words "may not be" in that advisory be changed to "is not."

Is it your opinion that implementation of the listed recommendations in
1.0.A.4 would require revision of the RAA?  Or could they be implemented
through a revision of the May 10, 2002 registrar advisory without reopening
the RAA?

Thank you in advance for your clarification on this point.

Steve Metalitz