[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] attached word version of recommendations of WHOIS TF -- outreach to Registrars/Registries

  • To: "NC-WHOIS (E-mail)" <nc-whois@dnso.org>, "Ram Mohan (E-mail)" <rmohan@afilias.info>, "Rick Wesson (E-mail)" <wessorh@ar.com>, "Ross Rader (E-mail)" <ross@tucows.com>
  • Subject: [nc-whois] attached word version of recommendations of WHOIS TF -- outreach to Registrars/Registries
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@att.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:15:39 -0400
  • Sender: owner-nc-whois@dnso.org

> >  <<WHOIS REC SUMMARY TO ICANN STAFF.doc>>
Tim/Ram, in your enlistment of fellow registrars/registries for the Tuesday [rescheduled from Monday] WHOIS TF call, the attached might be helpful. The purpose of the call, as all will remember, is to hear from some registrars and registries re comments on the recommendations. We are of course working in small teams to enhance the recommendations but this call will give us some more direct feedback. Each of the teams has been making progress and we will have short updates from those with drafts, but not until we conclude the outreach portion of the call: 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. US EST.

Does anyone not have the bridge information? We have added in about 20 ports, but if you think more are needed, let me and Marie know.

On feedback so far, the comment period is now closed. Please be sure to have read all community inputs. in addition, we've seen a couple of short but useful emails ready from Chuck Gomes and Jeff Neuman, on their comments. I'll repost if anyone missed those.

I've also reinvited Ross and Rick to the call -- separately--from Tim's other outreach to the Registrars,  since there were other technical questions related to the IETF work which we can follow up on.. They may then be wearing multiple "hats" on Tuesday's call.

Tony and I hope to have a response from Stuart on our request to him regarding any staff discussions.

Best regards, Marilyn and Tony

WHOIS REC SUMMARY TO ICANN STAFF.doc