[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] RE: some links of interest

As discussed toward the end of our conference call, here are some links that
may be worth reviewing as we prepare the conclusions of our Task Force's
work:

(1)  Written testimony from last week's Congressional subcommittee hearing
on Whois.  Howard Beales is the top consumer protection official of the US
Federal Trade Commission.  You can see from the statements of Reps. Berman
and Coble what two leading US policymakers are thinking.  Cameron Powell of
SnapNames and Michael Palage of the Registrar Constituency were the other
witnesses, along with myself.  See http://www.house.gov/judiciary/courts.htm

(2)  The Best Practices document created by the World Intellectual Property
Organization has some good general recommendations re Whois in the ccTLDs.
See http://ecommerce.wipo.int/domains/cctlds/bestpractices/index.html

(3)  An interesting case study regarding "Large-Scale Intentional Invalid
WHOIS Data" may be found at
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/invalid-whois/

Steve Metalitz