From: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA
To: NC-WHOIS
Sent: 4/17/2002 8:41 PM
Subject: [nc-whois] RE: [ga] Bulk Whois Data Issue

It would be helpful to have some statistics from the registrars about
the % of registrants who are companies, organizations/institutions,
etc., versus individuals who are acting as real individuals. Many who
are registered as individuals may be warehousers, which is not illegal,
but might not be an individual "acting" as an individual.

If such data does not exist from the registrars [registries?], how can
we develop such data? It would be extremely helpful to the work of the
WHOIS TF.

We have discussed this briefly in the TF, and suggested that Tony and I,
as co-chairs can draft a letter of request to the two relevant
constituencies. As a "short-cut", can we ask, again, for the members of
the registry and registrar constituencies to respond with suggestions
about how to gather this statistical, or even "best guess" analysis?

Thanks.