[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] structuring the report

Just to clarify, here's a written version of the structure for the
preliminary report I suggested during the telephone conference:

Chapter level: Issues.  For instance: Chapter I, bulk access and
privacy.  Chapter II, completeness, usefulness, and accuracy of
data.  Chapter III, additional services.  (Or something like that.)

Below the chapter level, proceed like this:

  1. What questions did cover this issue?  Include them verbatim,
  including material such as the description of bulk access
  provisions preceding question 17.

  2. What results (in terms of numbers) could be gathered from these
  questions?

     - Include statistics, broken down by category of respondent
       where possible.
     - When free-form question:  What baskets where used to
       categorize responses?  What subset of questionnaires was
       considered?

  This part of the report should include possible pie charts as well
  as the "raw" numbers.

  3. What conclusions or preliminary findings can be derived from
  these results?  This section should contain the findings the task
  force (or most of the task force) agree upon.

  4. Consensus notes: This section should contain notes on which
  constituencies (incl. GA) agreed and which didn't.  It should also
  leave place for individual constituencies to put additional
  statements.

This way, we should be able to come to a close approximation of
conclusions which are supported by consensus or rough consensus even
when one or two constituencies disagree on such conclusions.

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/