[nc-whois]

RE: [nc-whois] some more questions

dear TF members:  i have some background info to add to what steve found,
which may be helpful. it's the agenda from a call that the TF had last fall,
in which pual kane helpfully included (a) the Terms of Reference for the TF,
and (b) the draft outline of the report.  regards, miriam

-----
TERMS OF REFERENCE:

     a) Review of the terms of reference:
The WHOIS Committee is to conduct an information gathering exercise and
draft a report identifying areas of agreement,
and highlighting where more work is necessary and the mechanism by which the
identified work is undertaken (Task Force/Working Group).
Present the draft report to the community for review and comment, then
finalise the report and submit the report to the NC.

-----
LAYOUT:

4) Layout of the report

            Executive Summary.

            Introduction

 		Background / Set stage for what the survey does/doesn't do

		Survey information
			Interesting anomalies
			Clear / consensus responses
			Areas where more work is necessary
			Suggestions as to the form of that additional work
			Recommendations
		Overview
		How to take the WHOIS issue to the next phase and what forum

---

Miriam Sapiro
Director of International Policy

VeriSign, Inc.