From: Paul M. Kane [mailto:Paul.Kane@reacto.com]
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 5:08 AM
To: WHOIS Committee - DNSO
Subject: [nc-whois] Whois Committee Chair ... poll.

Good morning all.....

The debate for the WHOIS Chair has been going on long enough and I think we need to bring this issue to conclusion.

The nomination period was opened on the 25th September and closed on October 31st. Two candidates have been nominated for Chair, Tony Harris (nominated by Danny) and Marilyn Cade (nominated by Tony), both candidates have excellent experience and have been seconded by myself.

Tony has indicated that due to his existing commitments, if he were to be considered, he would prefer that there was not a single Chair of the WHOIS Committee, but two co-Chairs so the work can be shared.
Marilyn has indicated she is willing to be either Chair or co-Chair with Tony.

I believe it is vitally important that the Committee has continuity and with new faces soon to join the Committee it is important they receive briefings and guidance from the original members of the Committee. Further, the existing members know the qualities of each of the candidates which is helpful and that thus we should not delay the election.

Thus I propose that the Committee members decide whether they want a single Chair or two co-Chairs and this will draw this issue to closure so we can move on to the work in hand.

Would each member please indicate their preference by indicating:

CHAIR:       ONE Chair / TWO co-Chairs
Please delete the option you do not support

Many thanks

Best regards

Paul