[nc-whois]

Re: [nc-whois] May we start?

Thanks Danny for this information - we have a big task ahead of us!!

Earlier I consulted the Committee to ask if we should start our review work
before the end of the Public Consultation period.  From the comments
expressed, members considered we should wait until the closing before starting
to review. I am relaxed either way, and will be guided by the rest of the
Committee...... comments....

We should however start to discuss the review process itself..... I have a few
suggestions but would like to start the debate first....... do bear in mind
the survey is divided sections!!

With 1600+ comments already received and another few weeks to go ... we will
need some considerable time in reviewing the submitted comments and therefore
I propose the report I will give in Montevideo will have to be an interim
report. It is better to take our time, get this right than rush the process of
evaluation..... and please remember at this stage we are identifying the
issues and further work areas.

I have also received a request to extend the consultation period by one week
to allow for the Japanese speaking community to respond to the survey.
Japanese was added to the ICANN site relatively recently and I would like to
ensure all respondents that want to participate have the opportunity to do
so.  It would mean the closing date is extended until the 7th August 2001.....
comments please....

Best

Paul
WHOIS Committee Chair