[nc-udrp]

[nc-udrp] In case anyone cares....

As much as I hate to interrupt this lively discussion of various ideas that
have been put on the table, does anyone know whether anyone at ICANN is
responsible for UDRP provider compliance with the Rules?

I have recently learned that the ADNDRC does not permit selection of
panelist candidates from the rosters of other approved UDRP providers.  This
is in complete non-compliance with UDRP Rule 5, which entitles parties to
select their candidates from the list provided by any approved UDRP
provider.

The issue of providers making Supplemental Rules which run contrary to
express provisions of the Policy and the Rules themselves has been raised
here before but I seem to have missed any discussion of whether it should be
addressed in any contemplated reform.  Clearly, there is no check on whether
the Policy or Rules themselves may be effectively re-written by a provider's
supplemental rules.

Regards,

John Berryhill