[nc-udrp]

[nc-udrp] UDRP Survey Analysis Chart

Dear All:

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.   Accordingly, Katrina please consider yourself flattered.  I simply took Katrina's format and style of analysis and applied it to my eight questions. ;-).

I do have some comments for the group.  First, Milton, Caroline, on a couple of the questions which required the respondent to rank the choice, I received all choice equally ranked as no. 1.  Would this occur if the respondent failed to make any choices?   I only ask the because these two forms were only sparsely completed.  I just wonder about integrity here.

Second, I suggest that everyone look to question seven first.  Two my respondents identified themselves as "complainants" and on question seven stated that they were counsel for the complainant in a UDRP action.  So much for clear instructions.

My responses were only surprising in that, overall, the respondents all seem to be rather happy with the UDRP as it stands.  There was a uniform call to amend 4(a)(iii) to read "registered or used in bad faith."  I was also surprised that the majority of respondents did not want an appeals process built into the UDRP.  In addition, the majority of respondents felt that a complainant shooed be able to reply to a response or amend a complaint if circumstance warrant such steps.  Equally, all seemed to feel that a respondent should have some leeway to react to chaining circumstances.

Overall, I felt the results were positive; however, you can review the chart I prepared and judge for yourselves.

Hope all is well.

Regards.

J. Scott Evans
ADAMS, SCHWARTZ & EVANS, P.A.