[nc-udrp]

RE: [nc-udrp] WIPO 2 Report - INN's

Katrina:
I think you've hit the nail on the head. People
use search engines and a variety of other
methods to find information on the Internet.

The attempt to regulate domain names is
based on many false assumptions Domain
names are not as important for Internet
navigation as many people think they are. The
attempt to create new kinds of property rights
in them only creates new, needless disputes
and overcentralizes authority over the
naming system.

>>> "Katrina Burchell" <Katrina.Burchell@unilever.com> 10/30/01 05:01AM >>>

1)  firstly looking at it as a consumer - if I wanted to find something
out about a product on the Internet I might start with a search engine
that told me about Ibuprofen, for example.  A search at Google.com takes
me to a site http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/ibup.htm which gives some
basic information.  I might also look at some of the other sites and find