[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] Re: Draft Resolution

Transfer TF Members:

Today, in the NC meeting, the NC approved the policy recommendations, called
for the estblishment of an implementations issues working group or
committee, and gave a firm time line for that work, noted the importance of
having user participation/liaison from the TF to the implementation group's
work [Registrar and Registry plus ICANN staff], noted that there are no
policy change responsibilities envisioned for the implementation process --
any policy changes would have to be undertaken at teh NC/probably via the
TF, and noted the importance of getting the work done so that a final report
can be sent to the Board for their approval in March BD meeting. After
extensive discussion, including support for the importance of the
implementation issues work, and expressions of concern by one of the
registry reps, and after expressions of support from other constituencies,
including the registrar constiuency, and with the addition of the
implementation issues working effort, there was unanimous approval of the
policy recommendations in the TF report.

Congratulations to the extensive work of the TF members.
I will be consulting with the TF members regarding representation and
participation in the implementation work effort. We are close to being
"done", and yet our final tasks will be very critical.

The Registrars and Registries have made it very clear that they are
committed to providing the resources to provide the information regarding
implementation issues in the time frame ahead. That is tremendously
important, and I wish to express my thanks for that, especially those who
have made personal outreach to make their intent and interest clear.

This additional communication by the constituency members is tremedously
positive and welcomed, and again, my thanks to the TF, and to all of the
community members, including the ICANN staff for your work, and for your
support and participation in the next step... which will be the final one
for the Transfer Task Force.