RE: [nc-transfer] Bee in the bonnet...
I would be completely against this proposal. The EPP Registries are having
a lot of difficulties with the Registrars at this point in time with the
handing out of Auth-codes and to not address the problems that we are able
to address would be shirking our responsibilities.
I hope that was strong enough for you :)
Seriously, it is imperative to solve these issues. Without addressing what
we can, the Task Force report will not have the support from NeuLevel,
Afilias, GNR, etc.
From: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 8:09 AM
To: Ross Wm. Rader; email@example.com
Subject: RE: [nc-transfer] Bee in the bonnet...
I think this is reasonable. more than "wait and see", though, probably more
likely we need feedback in some usable form from the existing users of EPP
which can be inluded as an insert, and then some assessment about time frame
which it has been used; feedback from staff and community/users/registries.
From: Ross Wm. Rader [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 1:18 AM
Subject: [nc-transfer] Bee in the bonnet...
..something that I'd like to discuss during the next appropriate call.
Given that it is likely that the final report will have built-in review
process, we might want to punt on making EPP specific recommendations at
this juncture given that the standard has yet to be ratified and that
Verisign has not yet adopted it. This is a poli-co-speak way of stating that
it might be possible that the community does not have enough experience with
EPP at this juncture to make specific recommendations regarding policy
specifics (other than the obvious, "maybe we should wait and see what pops
up" type of recommendations)...
Thoughts? Comments? Defer until the call?
Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of
thought which they seldom use."
- Soren Kierkegaard