[nc-transfer]

Re: [registrars] Re: [nc-transfer] TF Recs Ver. 1 Draft 2 Rev. 9

> So we can put something like this in our agreements? "By accepting this
> agreement you are requesting/authorizing Registrar to deny all requests to
> transfer these domain names unless you specifically approve the transfer
> directly with the Registrar." Interesting.

Registrars are required to implement the contracts in accordance with their
local laws. Registrars are also required to implement the policy manifest in
the contracts according to the terms of the contracts and existing policy.
I'd suggest a complete read of the entire document at this point - the
specific recommendations can't rightly be considered in isolation.

> The problem with Registrar-Hold requirement is that you are trying to
> dictate how registrars do collections. You both should know that the real
> world is not always that clear cut. Putting a domain on Registrar-Hold
takes
> it out of the zone. That is a pretty drastic move, much more so than
denying
> a transfer away.

I'm not sure why this would be considered drastic - the domain name hasn't
been paid for. Why would resolution be important to either party at this
point?

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow

> So we can put something like this in our agreements? "By accepting this
> agreement you are requesting/authorizing Registrar to deny all requests to
> transfer these domain names unless you specifically approve the transfer
> directly with the Registrar." Interesting.
>
> The problem with Registrar-Hold requirement is that you are trying to
> dictate how registrars do collections. You both should know that the real
> world is not always that clear cut. Putting a domain on Registrar-Hold
takes
> it out of the zone. That is a pretty drastic move, much more so than
denying
> a transfer away.
>
> Tim

Transfer