From: Ross Wm. Rader [mailto:ross@tucows.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 8:43 AM
To: nc-transfer@dnso.org
Subject: [nc-transfer] Registry & Registrar Enforcement Models

I just wanted to note for the record that there are striking
similarities between the enforcement and resolution model that Jeff
Neuman has proposed and the alternate proposal that I put forward
yesterday.

My preference would be to work within the TF to come up with a unified
model that everyone can agree to. I'm happy to work with Jeff on this
directly but first want to make sure that the TF views are also at the
table. We should hear some further discussion and perhaps take this up
during a call before we unilaterally move forward (and I'm sure our
chair would appreciate having some say in our work as well ;)

Resolving this issue strikes me as being one of the last few "gnarly"
items that we have to deal with (in addition to where the policy might
live contractually).

Comments welcomed.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow