[nc-transfer]

Re: [nc-transfer] Notification to Name Holders

Rick,

I think I can answer this actually.
It seems to me there is a great deal of difference between a
'notification' type of service...and a ..whois-like... service that you
have to periodically check.

One requires no effort. You just open your e-mail on a regular basis.

The other could be very labour (labor) intensive if you have more than a
few names to worry about.
To me, it looks a lot like turning a domain name into something you have
to actively patrol, akin to the vigorous defence of a TM.

So, no I dont think a WHOIS-like service would satisfy objections at
all.

--
Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology