[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] Notification to Name Holders

Hi all,

The draft proposal to be voted on on Monday contains a recommendation that
name holders be notified if a name registered to them is placed on WLS.
Several comments have been made that a registry to name holder communication
is not allowed in an SRS environment and that it is unworkable to place this
requirement on registrars.  I don't if that is correct but have an
associated question.

Can I ask Christine again (sorry) to enquire of her colleagues, will the WLS
"registry" be searchable by means of WHOIS or similar?  I know that the WLS
proposal actually grew out of discussions about having a parallel registry
but I haven't seen any mention of this specifically - I may well have missed
it of course in which case a link would be appreciated.  If a WHOIS type
service is to be offered then would this not meet the requirement in the
draft recommendation?  Would this satisfy any objections on this point?

Regards,

Rick Shera
ccTLD Nominee to TR-TF

winmail.dat