From: owner-nc-transfer@dnso.org [mailto:owner-nc-transfer@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Rick Shera
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 7:31 PM
To: 'Transfer TF (E-mail)'
Cc: 'Dan Steinberg'; 'Neuman, Jeff'; 'Dan Halloran (E-mail)'; 'Louis
Touton (E-mail)'
Subject: [nc-transfer] Nature of Interim Period

Hi all,

Without in any prejudging what might be decided Monday or subsequently by the names council or by the board, if the WLS proposal was to be approved for an interim 1 year trial period, I assume that the consideration of whether to extend the service permanently will be a total reconsideration of all aspects of how the WLS has worked/not worked.  I have seen only very vague references as to what would be relevant in considering this and wonder whether I have missed something.  Perhaps Christine Russo might advise what is envisaged from VeriSign's point of view and Messrs Touton and Halloran might be able to give some insights into how such a decision might be made/has been made in the past and what would be relevant.  Depending on those answers it may be that clarification on this point might be added to the recommendations to save any later confusion.

My apologies if this issue has been debated or dealt with elsewhere/previously - if so, a link would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rick Shera
ccTLD Nominee to TR-TF

PS.  Have details of the calls on Monday (and possibly Tuesday) been finalised/posted?