[nc-transfer]

Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [nc-transfer] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] WLSproposal

This nicely prosed letter illustrates very well the problems with whois.
Not that they are exemplary in other ways but the folks that ran dotWS used to have
a great whois - wasn't one.  But we had a scrap over there with godzilla.ws and
everything worked out fine, as far as the whois went - we got a hold of each other
and threatened the ritual lawsuits and we all walked away.  But the failure to list
the Whois caused no problems and no delays.

As a marketer for a ccTLD what should one propose?  This wild open whois database
for the whole world to find Chris or something more intermediary?  I prefer the
latter.  Maybe it is time to impose upon our IP friends to develop a gentler and
kinder whois.  Remember the open whois was established so that trademark holders
could find and sue infringers.
A better world is ours for the asking but we must ask.

Sincerely,
Eric