[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] RE: Terms of Reference for TTF

Thank you, Mark. Comments noted.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark McFadden [mailto:mcf@uwm.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 11:26 AM
To: 'Nick Wood'; 'Cade,Marilyn S - LGA'; 'Ross Wm. Rader';
nc-transfer@dnso.org; 'Nick Wood'
Cc: 'Philip Sheppard'; 'Glen'
Subject: Terms of Reference for TTF

Marilyn:

I'm happy to forward the response of the ISPCP constituency on the Terms
of Reference.

First, we are please with the Terms of Reference as they currently are
drafted.  We would like to see progress be made quickly, long before the
next ICANN meeting in Ghana.

Next, while we strongly support the proposal of allowing each
constituency and the GA to have two participants -- we believe that each
constituency and the GA should have a single vote.  Our constituency, in
particular, is unlikely to have a second person in routine participation
with the TTF, but -- in the cases where it is needed -- it would be
helpful to have a person temporarily substitute for my participation.
In the case of the ISPCP that would be Tony Holmes, the chair of the
ISPCP.

Finally, we do not agree to any attempt to artificially inflate the size
of the TTF.  We agree with the IPC that is the role of the
representatives of the constituencies and the GA's to represent their
interests, report back on constituency discussions and do the outreach
needed to ensure that those interested in the ongoing work and
deliberations of the TTF are informed of its progress.  The opportunity
to have two representatives from each constituency is more than
sufficient to achieve the broad representation we need.

Our constituency thanks all who contributed positively to the drafting
of the Terms of Reference.

Mark

Mark McFadden
ISPCP Secretariat
ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency, ICANN DNSO
ispcp-activity@cix.org
www.ispcp.org