From: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA [mailto:mcade@att.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 5:34 PM
To: 'Transfer TF'; 'Nick Wood'; 'Mark McFadden'; 'Ross Rader'
Cc: 'Glen'; 'Jeff Neuman'
Subject: Transfer TF -- status on membership and working conference call

Next Steps:

I would like to have a short conference call next week to review the ToR;
discuss how to incorporate the comments provided by Milton Mueller and Ross
Rader in the development of a work agenda for the TF.   I propose to do the
call on Tuesday, 12/18 at 8:00 a.m. EST/U.S. FOR NO MORE THAN ONE HOUR.  IF
YOU ARE ON THE TASK FORCE, please let me know of your availability.  A back
up date can also be Friday, 12/21, similar time frame.  However, that is
getting very close to the holiday season break for many of the participants.

PREFERENCE:  TUESDAY, 12/18  __________
		  FRIDAY, 12/21    __________

IF THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH BOTH DATES, PLEASE SAY SO, AND WE'LL LOOK
AT OTHER DATES.

NOTE:  This will be a Transfer TF call specifically.  THAT MEANS LIMITED IN
ATTENDANCE.  Following that call, at a date to be determined, but early in
January, will be the discussion with Louie Touton on apparent authority.  In
keeping with the proposed work approach I have suggested, I would envision
that call being open to a larger number of observers/constiutency
participants, as the first call was which we held.

STATUS ON TASK FORCE MEMBERSHIP AND CHANGES IN LIST:
I've been advised by the ccTLDs that they will be naming a representative
shortly. Until they do so, I have been asked, and will leave all the elected
ccTLD NC reps on the Transfer list until they notify me of their decision.
They expect to make the decision soon.

As I understand the GA process, the GA is undergoing a process to determine
their representative(s); until they make a decision, and since no request
for a change was made, Danny Younger will remain on the Transfer TF as
interim.

The Registry Constituency has  notified me that they will be providing two
representatives.  They are both from North America. Jeff Neuman is cc'd here
so that he can communicate with their two representatives until they are
added to the list.  Jeff, can you send their names and emails to Glen, noted
above, with a cc to me? I've asked her to edit the list on Friday, so they
can be added at that time.

The BC has also agreed to put forward Grant Forsyth, elected BC rep. as a
second rep from the BC.  That also helps with the geographic diversity issue
which the Task Force is trying to deal with, since Grant is from New
Zealand.

If any other constituency plans to add a second to the task force, under the
terms recommended in my earlier email, please notify me; as I noted, they
can be added when you make that decision.

Since each constituency/GA gets one vote, I would  propose to hold an
election for the chair as soon as feasible after the Christmas holidays.

I will ask Glen to edit the list this Friday to limit it to the Transfer TF
members, and those  noted above as exceptions.

I will be offline for much of the next several hours.  If someone needs to
talk to me, they can call me on my cell phone, noted below.  Please don't
hesitate to call if you  have a question.

Folks, once we complete the membership, I want to work out something better
in timing on the calls.  I fear that we always expect the Asia Pacific folks
to join us in the wee hours... but let's deal with that when we are all
completed as a TF.

Regards,

Marilyn S. Cade

202-255-7348c