[nc-org]

[nc-org] Conflict of Interest re .ORG: Dr. Robert Blokzijl

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 00:07:29 +0200 (CEST)
From: Marc Schneiders <marc@fuchsia.bijt.net>
To: lynn@icann.org
Cc: ga@dnso.org, discuss@icann-ncc.org, marc@schneiders.org
Subject: Conflict of Interest re .ORG: Dr. Robert Blokzijl

Dear Dr. Lynn,

Recently a conflict of interest (COI) of ICANN Board member Dr.  Robert
Blokzijl in the context of the reassignment of .ORG has been discussed on
both icannwatch.org (May 14) and the discussion list of the NCDNHC of the
DNSO.  So far no reaction has come to my attention from either Dr.
Blokzijl or ICANN.

As you know, ICANN has a very clear COI policy. Professor Jonathan
Weinberg convincingly showed, at least to my mind, that the facts that
have been brought to light, merit action under this policy. His analysis
is archived at:

http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/discuss/2002-May/002249.html

(Cf. also http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/discuss/2002-May/002235.html)

I would like to ask you to take any action necessary to inform all
stakeholders (which I would think include in this case all registrants and
users of .ORG domains) ASAP (the facts have been out for 5 days now...)
about the steps that have been taken to resolve this issue speedily.

A statement of Dr. Blokzijl himself could, naturally, also be useful. I
would have liked to cc this message to him. There is, however, no email
address available from his biography page on the ICANN website.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely yours,

--
Marc Schneiders