[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] Expression of concern

I've talked with Ken Stubbs and we have agreed to
clarify the language in 1c that is causing him
concern.

If the rest of you agree, we can take this
sentence:

"Applicants should propose governance structures for the .org TLD that provide all .org registrants with the opportunity to directly participate in the selection of officers and/or policy-making council members."

and change it to:

"Applicants should propose governance structures for the .org TLD that provide all .org registrants with the opportunity to either directly participate in the selection of officers, or the election of policy-
making council members, or both."

This doesn't really change the meaning but it makes
it clear that applicants who share Ken's concerns
about the selection of corporate officers have some
latitude to propose governance structures that do not
necessarily require them to let .org registrants
elect corporate officers.

I think that addresses one of the registrars' major
concerns (Ken will need to confirm directly, of course)
and I don't see how anyone else would object.

--MM