[nc-org]

RE: [nc-org] wrap up

Thanks Milton.

I did a final check with my constituency and there is a minor interpretation
problem with section 3 of your draft.

Our group has no problem with what is intended in section 3 (no eligibility
requirements and no eligibility dispute resolution procedures), but we
wonder if this language
might be read too broadly, specially after the latest modifications
introduced from the former version.  Might it rule out the (existing and
long-standing) requirements that registrants provide and maintain accurate
contact information (is that considered a "prior restriction"?).  Similarly,
would it affect the existing procedure under which a registrar may revoke a
registration following a complaint of false contact data (is that considered
a "dispute initiation procedure that could result in the cancellation of
domain delegations?).

From the conversations we had in Uruguay, I think that section 6, as written
would deal with  the above points (and will make me sleep better...). If it
is the group's understanding I am ok with it.

 If not, perhaps the bullets in question could be modified as follows
(add the words in caps):

· Must not attempt to impose ANY NEW prior restrictions on people or
organizations
attempting to register names

· Should not adopt, or be required by ICANN to adopt, new dispute initiation
procedures BASED ON ELIGIBILITY TO REGISTER that could result in the
cancellation of domain delegations. The
UDRP Would apply as per paragraph 6 below, however.

Thanks

Guillermo

> Guillermo Carey
> Carey y Cía. Ltda.
> Tel.: (56-2) 365 7284
> Fax: (56-2) 3657319
>
> Visite nuestra página WEB www.carey.cl
>
> La información contenida en esta transmisión es confidencial, y no puede
ser usada, por otras personas que su(s) destinatario(s). El uso no
autorizado de la información contenida en esta transmisión puede ser
sancionado criminalmente de conformidad con el Código Penal Chileno. Si ha
recibido esta transmisión por error, por favor destrúyala y notifique al
remitente telefónicamente, con cobro revertido o vía e-mail.

> The information contained in this transmission is privileged, and may not
be used, by any person other than its addressee(s). Unauthorized use of the
information contained in this transmission may be punished under the Chilean
Criminal Code. If received in error, please destroy and notify the sender by
calling collect or by e-mail.