[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] Feedback from the Meeting

Marc:
Yes, I think a "shell" SO thrown together
by a commercial registry or registrar
is something we have to watch out for.
That is why I am interested in reaction to
the idea of having a committee formed by
the NCDNHC provide reviews of the
applications that can be used by the Board.
What do you think of that?

Why did I require that applicants be
incorporated?

Basically, the feedback I got in Marina del
Rey, and before that from the comments of
Roessler, indicated that most people don't
feel comfortable delegating .org to an
organization that formally doesn't exist
yet at the time it applies.

>>> Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> 11/18/01 15:22 PM >>>
On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, at 22:32 [=GMT-0500], Milton

If that is guarenteed, I don't mind dropping it. On the other hand, if
we end up with a high application fee, basically excluding most
possible candidates, I would be most unhappy. The scenario of a
commercial registrar taking over through their own SO must lead to a
horror movie.

> > I have eliminated the statement that the
> Sponsoring Organization need not be
> incorporated at the time of making the
> application.

Why?