[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] implementation and TF process

>>> Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> 09/25/01 04:31PM >>>
So only something like Afilias minus NetSol can succesfully apply to
be the new operator?

Marc: I assume this comment is intended to be ironic.

Let me remind everyone that according to the framework that
is being proposed in our policy statement, the delegation
will NOT go to an "experienced registry operator" but to
a <policy authority> that will contract with an experienced
registry operator to perform the infrastructure functions.

THE key consideration is the ability of that entity to represent
the viewpoints of ORG registrants and the targeted community
of prospective ORG registrants.

--MM