[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] registrar relations

you are so right milton regarding marketing restrictions.

it should be up to the discrection of the registrar as to how they perceive
to market most effectively to their potrntial & existing customers.
there is nothing wrong with the registry considering incentives (in the form
of co-op advertising for instance) to encourage  specific registry
target-marketing goals, but the final decision as to whom to market to and
whom to interface with should be that of the registrar.

in other words ... "no mandated marketing guidelines"..

this is not to say that the registry doesnt have a right to look to the
registrar in the case of misrepresentation or acts of this nature..

it is though, incumbent on the registry to assure that accredited registrars
adhere to any   "ICANN approved" RLA's (registry licensing agreements)

ken stubbs