[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] Re: First draft of an ORG policy - please comment

>>> Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr>

For non commercial. Otherwise I see problems.

And yes, non commercial sell sometimes T-shorts at the entrance
of meetings, because they do not have enough resources to pay
for meeting rooms neither they have any means to advertise they do
exist ... except on their meeting attendies (or their children).
But it is not a primary commercial activity.
===
MM:
It is not an easy distinction to make, particularly on a
global basis. In some cases, legal findings of "commercial
use" of a name or a brand have rested on nothing more
substantial than a LINK to a page that sells a book.

Why not let users decide where they want to register?
Let's deal with that simple principle first.
If users register infringing names, it is actionable by law
or by UDRP. Other than that, why do we as policy
makers need to decide where users "ought" to register?

--MM