[nc-intake]

[nc-intake] Request from the GA Chair

The General Assembly would appreciate it if the Secretariat could investigate
the possibility of re-configuring the listserve so that messages in excess of
the daily posting limit are automatically bounced back to the sender.   As we
are given to understand that the Majordomo software does not currently allow
for this provision, it has been suggested that the Secretariat's technical
staff could either develop or obtain the necessary coding to provide for such
a possibility.  As this may involve some expense, this request is being
forwarded to the Council for its consideration.

We would prefer not to have to sanction our members for abusing posting
privileges (and such abuse is rampant at present);  sanctions only serve to
paralyze our list and thwart efforts to work in a meaningful fashion.   The
Assembly has decided, quite some time ago, that five posts per day per list
per person is ample, and we do not seek to burden our list monitors with this
particular chore on top of their already onerous duties.  An automated
technical solution would be preferable to the alternative.

We would also like to have the ability to regularly poll our membership, and
to have our members introduce their own questions to a polling booth.
Software for such polling is relatively inexpensive (ranging from freeware to
a few hundred dollars).  Perhaps the Secretariat could investigate the
available options, their costs and features, and report back to both the
Council and the GA.