[nc-intake]

[nc-intake] Intake Committee - new chair

Dear Intake Committee,
now that I am NC chair for the next six months we need to consider my
existing role as chair of Intake Committee.

Q1: Is it sensible to have the NC chair as a MEMBER of the IC? Answer I
suggest is yes.
Q2. Should the NC chair lead the IC as well ?
Advantages: fulfils chair's role.
Disadvantages: does not spread the workload.
Does not ensure an agenda appears should there be a lazy chair in the
future!

So, I propose that I stay as a MEMBER of the IC and that we find another
chair.

I note Paul Kane volunteered earlier and has now been proposed by YJ. So let
me second his nomination.

Would the other members of the IC please indicate their support or otherwise
within the next 24 hours?

Philip.