[nc-intake]

Re: [nc-intake] Re: Addendum to the agenda NC teleconference 24 January 2001 v2

"Paul M. Kane" <Paul.Kane@reacto.com> wrote:

| Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:
|
| > 1. The agenda' procedures has been established in August 2000,
| >    initially for 3 months. Which means it shall be reconsidered.
| >    It has been functionning quite well, and continues. May I suggest
| >    that agenda procedures are submitted to the NC to be reconducted ?
|
| I also think they have worked well may I suggest the agenda procedures
| remain in force until such time as the simple majority of the NC seek to
| change the procedure.

We need to put it on the NC agenda, and then vote whatever motion suggested.
See IC rules in http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/200008.NC-intake.v4.html

| > 2. Once you are going to be the Chair, shall your position in the Intake
| >    Commitee be given to somebody else ?
|
| Philip has done an excellent job as co-ordinator of the Intake Committee,
| and if Philip is to step down (a shame in my view)

I fully agree that Philip has done a superb job, moreover since we have
the IC, the NC eventually respects ICANN Bylaws with agendas published
at least 14 days in advance.
But I do not think it is a shame to change -- to the contrary it was wanted
by Philip and the IC and considered sane to rotate IC members from time
to time. Personaly I understood the IC as a body not including the NC Chair,
because the IC agendas always starts with:
      IC submits draft agenda to chair latest [DATE]
      Chair amends/approves and Secretary posts to NC [DATE+1]
It was the reason for my question to Philip.

| I would be willing to be
| co-ordinator for the Agenda/Intake Committee.

Please do not misunderstand -- you are an excellent candidate.
But I do believe it is better to sent the call for replacement to the
whole NC and then let them to choose the IC chair.

| > 3. I believe we have an emergency to find a date for the February NC.
| >    From ccTLD perspective, we have the whole week 19-23 February
| >    on meetings, and the only reasonnable before Melbourne (10-13 March
| >    add few days before for travels and usual pre-ICANN meetings)
| >    seems the week of 26 Feb. May I suggest 26 February ?
|
| I think your suggestion is very wise Elisabeth..... 26th works for me ...
| would it be an idea to put this proposed date to the general list (for
| comments) in advance of the next meeting so that the date of the Feb.
| meeting can be fixed during the next Tel Conf.??

Philip set a deadline for final agenda on Monday 8 Jan (in less than 48 hours),
I trust he will add this small item, then I will sent it out to the NC.
I am happy you can work on 26 Feb -- there is so many items
to consider.

Best,
Elisabeth