not to misunderstand them with your clarifications later.

Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 12:48 AM

> I think some would argue that while law professors may have a good sense
of
> the law in "theory", they often lack real world or practical experience.

Therefore, this should be couter-balanced.

Lack of the a half of real world since WIPO is close to industry in nature
vs
Lack of the other half of real world since the academics are not much
exposed
to industry in nature however, as we all know, this has been changing fast.

> Moreover, a law professor like anyone else will have his or her own
biases,
> so I think your same objectivity concerns would apply to any speaker.

This is why I am asking for two speakers who can convey their own views
which can be denounced by people it's "baised". If there are two biased
are on the table, people can compare and judge the direction.

Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 12:16 AM

> Maybe I have misunderstood, but I have not yet heard an objection to
having
> another speaker (again in my view it must be someone with the skills and
> experience to speak on their respective topic).  Remember, this is an NC
> meeting and not the ICANN public forum or DNSA GA meeting.

> Frankly, I commend Roger for taking the initiative on this.  Y.J., if your
> Constituency feels it needs a speaker, than I believe it is "your" job
(the
> non-comm Const. NC members) to direct your energies to get a speaker that
> you believe can educate us on the relevant issues that you believe WIPO
> will not cover.  Alternatively, you Constituency will always be able to
> present its views through your three NC members during the meeting, just
> like everyone else.

What you are trying to say here is to have another speaker from outside NC
as long as he/she is a skilled expert, it sounds no problem to me and hereby
I strongly recommend Michael Froomkin as another speaker.

I also commend Roger, Philip and you, Caroline for highlighting this issue
hoping there is no misunderstaning on this from now on.

YJ