[nc-impwhois]

Re: [nc-impwhois] Draft 2 of WHOIS Implementation Report

Bruce,

I have two comments.

1. Would it be appropriate to include at least a comment about the fee
registrars are allowed to charge for bulk whois access. Right now the
maximum allowable fee amounts to 1 cent per record for a registrar with a
million names. Then consider that a number of registrars have multiple
millions and it becomes apparent that the fee is ridiculously low for
larger registrars.

I suggest the allowable fee be up to $10,00 for registrars with up to 1
million records. Registrars with over 1 million records would be allowed to
charge up to 1 cent per record.

2. I thought we had some suggestion or comment about the possibility of
making bulk whois inclusion an opt-in process for registrants, versus an
opt-out. Opt-in is much more in line with current privacy standards.

Thanks,
Tim