[nc-impwhois]

[nc-impwhois] use cases

Below are several use cases we discussed, its my attempt to document and
ubderstand what others believe are the processes we have discussed. I may
not have everything correct so please do correct me. The purpose of this
excercise is so that I may eventually document these processes in a flo
chart style diagram.

9 use cases are detailed below, please comment.

-rick

Case 1:
  Initial State
    o Domain never checked, domain is up for renewal.

  Registrant Affirms contact information at time of registration
  /END

Case 2:
  Initial State
   o domain never checked, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrant is offered oppertunity to affirm data within 15 days.
  Time expires
  Domain is placed on REGISTRAR_HOLD by registrar
  Domain Expires.
  /END

Case 3:
  Initial State
   o domain never checked, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrant is offered oppertunity to affirm data within 15 days.
  Registrant Affirms data as valid.
  Second complaint arrives.
  Registrant is offered oppertunity to affirm data within 15 days.
  Registrant submits local telephone bill as proof, documentation is
  written in foreign language.
  Documentation is validated by 3rd party 60 days later.
  /END

Case 4:
  Initial State
   o domain checked upon registration, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrar identifies complaint as friviolous
  /END

Case 5:
  Initial State
   o domain checked upon registration, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrar requests proof of non-conformance
  Proof is determined to be inaccurate.
  /END

Case 6:
  Initial State
   o domain checked upon registration, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrar requests proof of non-conformance
  Proof cannot be validated.
  Second complaint arives.
  Registrar identifies complaint as friviolous
  Additional complaint arives.
  Registrar identifies complaint as friviolous
  Registrar marks domain with date validated (last-validated-date)
  /END

Case 7:
  Initial State
   o domain checked upon registration, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrar requests proof of non-conformance
  Proof appears to have merritt
  Registrant is offered oppertunity to affirm data within 15 days.
  Transfer request arrives.
  Transfer Granted ( not my problem )
  /END

Case 8:

  Initial State
   o domain checked upon registration, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrar requests proof of non-conformance
  Proof appears to have merritt
  Registrant is offered oppertunity to affirm data within 15 days.
  Registrant updates data.
  Additional complaint arrives
  Registrant updates data.
  Additional complaint arrives
  Registrant updates data.
  Additional complaint arrives
  Registrant updates data.
  etc...
  < how many times can this happen >

Case 9:
  Initial State
   o domain checked upon registration, domain is new.
   o domain is identified as non-conforming by anonynous complaint

  Registrants updates data
  Registrar requests proof of non-conformance
  Data is diferent than data included in complaint.
  /END