[nc-impwhois]

Re: [nc-impwhois] Definition of Marketing Activities

On 2003-01-17 09:07:07 -0600, Tim Ruiz wrote:

> I would not want to see (c) be included. How do verify that? The
> word "commercial" should also be removed. "Marketing activities"
> would then be defined as:

> any communication, regardless of the medium, initiated for the
> purpose of advertising availability or quality of any property,
> goods, or services, but such term does not include a
> communication (A) to any person with that person's prior express
> invitation or permission, (B) to any person with whom the party
> has an established business relationship.

We should be careful not to restrict the meaning of "marketing
activities" so far that we may allow things unconditionally which
may be covered by the current opt-out provision (3.6.6) -- that text
quite generally talks about opting out of data uses for "marketing
purposes."

--
Thomas Roessler				<roessler@does-not-exist.org>