[nc-idn]

[nc-idn] Re: Scheduling a telecon call for IDN item on the NC agenda

I can make the date and time.
I am ok for any time from 29 Nov to 3 Dec.

I can talk about various topics

a. Administration and Management of IDN TLDs:
   Language or script, one size doesn't fit all;
   Will the Legacy TLD-unified roots survive or
   will there be OpenNIC-type inclusive root models?

one language one script one country = Hebrew/Israel Ancient Icelandic/Iceland
One language many scripts one country = Japan
one script many languages some countries = Han characters-Chinese=Japanese=Korean
                                           Latin characters - latin based languages
one script many languages many countries = Arabic script-Arabic/Farsi/Urdu
one script many fonts one language no country = Tamil with no specific country
                                                where Tamilians are majority
                                                (Fiji?)
one script one language no country = Klingon, Tolkein languages etc

b. IDNA interoperability testing
   of localisation/folding/IDNA/Nameprep/ACE
   and whatever emergent IETF standards

c. Application/Vendor-independent Internet keywords or
   overlapping colliding keyword namespaces?
   Future scenarios of above-DNS layers of Internet names
   and identifiers.

by Dr Tan Tin Wee
   Vice Chairman, MINC

Please let me know which,