From: Jordyn A. Buchanan [mailto:jordyn@register.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 10:06 AM
To: tim@godaddy.com
Cc: john@johnberryhill.com; jane.mutimear@twobirds.com;
fausett@lextext.com; nc-deletes@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [nc-deletes] two additional issues

Tim:

I think you're right in terms of approach--we will have a difficult
task ahead of us if we try to track down every registrar's particular
practices and make specific recommendations about that practice within
our report.

However, I think that it is important that we do take a look at
existing practices so that we can fully think about the type of
recommendations that we should make.  For example, if there is a
problem with registrars not deleting names when they have been
explicitly instructed to do so, it may be important to be sure that the
general language of our recommendations resolves this particular
problem.

In trying to edit the current draft report, I'm trying to incorporate
something like the language you proposed for expiration over the
weekend.  However, I'm not sure that it addresses all of the problem
areas identified below.

It may be that there is a general issue of warehousing that is not
directly germane to the work of this task force.  I'll be the very last
one to propose that we unilaterally expand the work of the task force,
but if we notice that some of the problem areas that we're dealing with
intersect with (or are tangential to) another problem space, it's
probably worth noting this in the report so that the Names Council is
aware that there is another problem are and make a determination about
how to deal with it.

Jordyn