From: Adam Peake [mailto:ajp@glocom.ac.jp]
Sent: 20 November 2002 13:37
To: nc-deletes@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [nc-deletes] Minutes - Conference Call, November 15

>DELETES TASK FORCE, CONFERENCE CALL NOTES
>November 15, 2002   14:00 UTC

>Jane Mutimear pointed to the discussion of names being deleted while
>the subject of a UDRP dispute.  There was general consensus that this
>was not desirable, but neither was forcing registrars to carry domain
>names that were no longer being paid for.  Mutimear agreed to provide a
>proposed solution for the problem to the task force by the next
>conference call.

I asked on the call if this was a common problem. Seemed to me that
it would be a rather rare, though the reaction then was that it was
enough of a concern that it needed addressing. Since, two people from
the NCC have asked the same question and I'm wondering if there's
data on how many times a name has been deleted during a UDRP dispute?

I understand that registrars should not be required to pick up the
costs of something they have no control over. But if it's a rare
occurrence, perhaps it's not much of an issue? And I can't see how
the situation could be gamed to put registrars at serious risk.

Thanks,

Adam

BIRD & BIRD
The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Further, we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to verify that this email and any attachments are free of viruses as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.
Please refer to http://www.twobirds.com/fsma.cfm for our regulatory position under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 of the United Kingdom.
A full list of partners is available on request.
Details of our offices are available from http://www.twobirds.com

http://www.star.net.uk