[nc-deletes]

Re: [nc-deletes] Minutes - Conference Call, November 15

>DELETES TASK FORCE, CONFERENCE CALL NOTES
>November 15, 2002   14:00 UTC

>Jane Mutimear pointed to the discussion of names being deleted while the
>subject of a UDRP dispute.  There was general consensus that this was not
>desirable, but neither was forcing registrars to carry domain names that
>were no longer being paid for.  Mutimear agreed to provide a proposed
>solution for the problem to the task force by the next conference call.

I asked on the call if this was a common problem. Seemed to me that
it would be a rather rare, though the reaction then was that it was
enough of a concern that it needed addressing. Since, two people from
the NCC have asked the same question and I'm wondering if there's
data on how many times a name has been deleted during a UDRP dispute?

I understand that registrars should not be required to pick up the
costs of something they have no control over. But if it's a rare
occurrence, perhaps it's not much of an issue? And I can't see how
the situation could be gamed to put registrars at serious risk.

Thanks,

Adam