[nc-budget]

Re: [nc-budget] NAMES COUNCIL BUDGET COMMITTEE

Outstanding Payments

1. There is no question about the intent of the NC in establishing its
outstanding payments procedures as to year. It was explicitly stated during
the meeting that this procedure was for 2001 only and not retroactive.

2. When does the clock start ticking for 2001?
Although the procedure is agreed I believe it is up to the budget committee
to decide when the clock starts for any one constituency and then the
notices start. In the absence of that earlier decision whatever we agree to
do today should be no more than an instruction to the secretariat to start
the procedure at the beginning i.e. the 30 day sanction.

We can discuss more during the meeting.

Philip Sheppard
NC Chair